Brighton has a pub for everybody, quite literally.. With around 300 pubs throughout Brighton & Hove you are certain to find something that suits you. Our small selection of pubs is based on a few pubs within short walking distance from The Argyle, we’ve only included pubs that we’ve been to personally and enjoyed. We’ve added the theme of the pubs and attributes that should help you decide whether you’ll visit them or not. If you fancy a pub crawl or want to find a pub nearby that suits you.
- Unbarred Brewery & Taproom 0.2 miles, a short 3 minute walk to find some of the best beers brewed in Brighton, soon to be accompanied by Tonkotsu Ramen serving up some dreamy noodle soup. You’ll see the team hard at work brewing the beers in the tanks, a moreish aroma of heating hops lingers in the room whilst sipping / gulping your deliciously fresh beer.
- The Prestonville Arms 0.3 miles, a mere 6-7 minute stroll from us, you find this classic Brighton local. Serving up a warm welcome as well as great food and real ales. A solid fixture in the Good Beer Guide for the past eight years, recently voted one of the top 10 pubs in Brighton! If you get a chance try the Roast pork belly on a Sunday it is quite simply sensational.
- The Eagle 0.7 miles, around 12 minutes walk from The Argyle, this is one of our favourite pubs. A great selection of local beers and spirits. Classic Brighton pub decor, art work and quirks dotted about. Friendly staff, regular events. Authentic Thai kitchen from Namo, try the Kao Soi, a seriously good noodle curry dish derived from Chiang Mai.
- The Good Companions 0.5 miles from The Argyle, no more than a 12 minute walk away, but if that’s too long without a beer stop off at The Prestonville on the way for a quick one. The Goods’ has one of the best beer selections in Brighton. A simple yet pleasing food menu. With all of that, the sun trap beer garden is the real winner here, with an array of plants and trees surrounding large heated booths and benches, this pub is a must visit if in the area.
- New Unity live sports & Blugrass American BBQ 0.3 miles, 5 minutes walk. The best sports pub in Brighton in our opinion, with 10 screens dotted about, a good beer selection in a buzzy atmosphere and the Bluegrass BBQ is pretty good.
Our pub is just a few minutes walk from Preston Circus, the ideal location whether it’s to join us for the whole evening or a quick stop on a Brighton pub crawl. With around 300 pubs in the Brighton & Hove area it’s near on impossible to choose just one. We’ve listed a few of our favourite pubs for you to consider on your trip to Brighton and also some iconic attractions that are not to be missed.
All attractions listed are shown with a map and directions from The Argyle Arms. Alternative travel options are available so plan your route accordingly or feel free to contact us if you need any help.
Duke of York’s Picturehouse 0.2 miles. Within a 5 minute walk you will reach the iconic picturehouse.
Preston Park 0.2 miles, 5 minute walk to the entrance. The party place of the Brighton Pride event and the largest urban park in the City. Beautiful scenic walks, two cafes and play areas for children. Tennis courts and lots of sporting events.